1st MARKETING PUBLISHERS MEETING
Museum of Contemporary Art, ZAGREB, CROATIA
21st of January 2011
Who should attend:
Editors, publishers and sales managers of magazines/portals targeted to business professionals in marketing and advertising industry (usually with titles such as “Marketing and Media”, “Marketing”, “Marketing and Advertising”, etc.
What is the reason to attend:
The goal of the meeting is to share the best practices and discuss current problems of marketing publishing industry.
We ensure that as a result of the meeting all delegates will return home with new ideas and solutions of how to increase readership and revenue.
Recent financial crisis combined with the existential problems of publishing industry have created a lot of challenges for all of us. That´s why we would like to invite editors and publishers from all over Europe to come together and share the best practices (and maybe also some bitter lessons).
This meeting is not a typical conference where speakers speak and delegates listen. In our event, all delegates will also speak or join discussion (it is a small and friendly group).
The event is free of charge to attend.
In addition, all meeting delegates are invited to attend EPICA Awards Gala following the meeting. Meeting delegates will receive 50% discount of Gala ticket price.
SESSION 1: 13.00 – 15.00
EDITORIAL / PUBLISHING
– Editorial content generation: Using consumer generated content, freelancers, bloggers. How to encourage readers to generate content.
– Publishing content across different platforms (print/web/mobile/e-reader/Facebook/Twitter), integrating different platforms.
– Organizational issues – structure, staff, etc.
SESSION 2: 15.30 – 18.00
SALES / BUSINESS MODELS
– New ways of selling advertising (sponsored content), challenges to editorial integrity.
– Advertising sales opportunities. Special projects (yearbooks, catalogues, directories, etc).
– New ways of selling subscriptions of print publication.
– Possibilities to charge for digital content (paywall), premium content strategies (charging for premium content, such as reports).
– Additional revenue streams: events, competitions, trainings, etc.
EPICA AWARDS GALA: 20.00
We have invited the following publications to present in the meeting (subject for additional confirmation):
Migrate (South Africa) via videoconference
The Drum (UK)
Best Marketing (Estonia, Croatia)
Marketing Magazin (Slovenia)
Media Marketing (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
Sign Cafe (Bulgaria)
Marketing Türkiye (Turkey)
New Moment (Serbia)
Creative Review (UK)
NC Nuova Communicazione (Italy)
Marketing Magazin (Brazil) via videoconference
Marketing Interactive (Hong Kong) via videoconference
Travel and accommodation guide:
Registration and information: